Becoming
Learning to grow and become better is a beautiful gift that God gives us. He wants us to grow and progress and to become better and to become what he wants us to be. Five months ago I returned from living in Chicago for 19 months and I was so nervous to come back to Idaho, the fear of returning to what I was before these 19 months scared me. I had grown so much and all I wanted was to keep progressing and I didn't know where to look or to find purpose.
My first day back in Idaho was hard, I felt out of place and I felt like I had no reason to be there. I prayed to know what God would have me do and what he wanted me to learn. the next day I got online and I registered for a class at the Brigham Young University of Idaho. I looked through the classes for something that could help give me purpose. "Family Relations" was the top one offered on my list. I didn't know then how much this would affect the hope I gained as I looked toward my future and the rest of my life.
Learning how to become and grow within your family is a celestial calling from God and this semester I learned how to reach this calling was for me. I learned how to create a home and a relationship that is filled with the spirit and with love. As I've pondered what this means or what this even is I've narrowed it down to one word that I want to take and use through the course of the rest of my life. This world is Intentional. How does this apply? in every single way. As we grow throughout our lives it can be so easy to get caught up in the world and to start following what the world asks of us we stop thinking about the why behind what we do and our motives become blurred, we lose sight of the big picture. So how do you create an intention? and where do you apply it? To create an intention is to create a connection with God before you do anything else. It to open that door and allow him to be a part of your life I loved to see this as we learned about families within this class. To build a family on love and trust is to intentionally give it to God.
How does intention apply to the family? It goes all the way back to even starting the first relationship and to dating. Dating is the first step! and when you date with the intention of really getting to know this person before anything else it builds something real. Asking real questions and listening with love leads to trust them! You began to want to have a connection with them and you start to rely on them. When you rely on them you start to grow together, this growth connects you to God and the spirit comes in even stronger. This connection with God within a relationship helps you to receive the gift of discernment and to know if this is something you should continue to pursue and after that you know if you should commit. As you build this on the true intention it becomes real! and if it keeps growing you have a marriage and a family built upon something real and divine.
Divine design means allowing God to design it the way he knows it needs to be. It means trusting him even when it's hard. It means allowing Him to stretch you and pull you in every day to become something more and something better. This class taught me so much and helped me to grow in a way I didn't know I could. The family is truly ordained of God and keeping it like such is something I know as a disciple of Jesus Christ we are called to do.
Comments
Post a Comment