Cause and Effect
“It says something about our country that people around the world are willing to leave their homes and leave their families and risk everything to come to America. Their talent and hard work and love of freedom have helped make America the leader of the world. And our generation will ensure that America remains a beacon of liberty and the most hope-filled society this world has ever known.” -Bush
This quote paints a beautiful idea of someone wanting change and being willing to do all they came to make that happen. But do we allow that? Do we allow them to be welcomed into a place of safety? Do we create this environment? Do we take for granted the blessing it is to be where we are that we easily forget where others came from and are coming from? And if so what do we do?
The answers to these questions can change a home. We talked about a family this week in class that had to leave everything for a better life. They saved up for years and sacrificed so much in hopes to move to a safer place where their kids could grow and get the education they need…they did all this just to find out it wasn’t all that they hoped for. It was harder than ever thought. They left behind relationships, family, work, everything they had all to be mistreated and forgotten, they became so mistreated in the worst ways. This family got separated and had to go through so many trials that they never should have. Finally, when they became reunited it wasn’t the same, that had changed without each other. It was heartbreaking to see, as I began to internalize and understand that this happens every day to so many sweet family’s. This isn’t a rare occurrence, this is a way of life for some. It’s expected, they don’t know how their life will turn out! They live every day in the unknown. It helped put things into perspective for me. Maybe I don’t have the perfect family we fight and we argue and all the in-between. But I have one...I have a family. And my family is together and we’re safe, and there is nothing more I could hope and dream for. This concept of cause and effect is something we should never take for granted. After this class, I looked back through my life at all the causes and effects. What has made me who I am today and what “causes' ' am I putting into my life right now to better that? What am I doing to have a better effect and to help those around me? Nothing will come nothing.
"The recognition of the law of the cause and effect, also known as karma, is a fundamental key to understand how you've created your world, with actions of your body, speech, and mind. When you truly understand karma, then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands." ~ Unknown
Comments
Post a Comment